11 Jan Your social media image size guide
You want your visitors to have the best experience when they visit your website. That same attention you bring to your website should also be applied to your social media accounts.
Different platforms provide different experience. The visual content you select to tell your stories will impact user experience and engagement.
Social media image dimensions and its placement vary from platform to platform. When images don’t render properly, chances are your visitor will not engage with your content.
We’ve curated for you the different social media image dimensions by platform for you to use when posting your content.
Social media image dimensions
All the social media image dimensions presented below are in pixels, width x height.
Use this menu to navigate to your preferred platform.
- Facebook image dimensions
- Instagram image dimensions
- Twitter image dimensions
- LinkedIn image dimensions
- Pinterest image dimensions
- YouTube image dimensions
- Snapchat image dimensions
- Profile image: 180 x 180
- Cover image: 820 x 312
- Post image: 1200 x 630
- Link preview image: 1200 x 628
- Event image: 1920 x 1080
- Profile image: 110 x 110
- Instagram Stories: 1080 x 1920
- Post photos: 1080 x 1080
- Videos post: 1080 pixels wide
- Image thumbnail: 161 x 161
- Header image: 1500 x 500 (maximum file size 5 MB)
- Profile image: 400 x 400 (maximum file size 2 MB)
- In-stream image: 440 x 220
- Link preview image: 800 x 418
- Profile image: 400 x 400 (maximum file size 10 MB)
- Background image: 1584 x 396 (maximum file size 4 MB)
- Company cover image: 1536 x 768 (maximum file size 4 MB)
- Company logo image: 300 x 300 (maximum file size 4 MB)
- Company page banner image: 646 x 220 (maximum file size 2 MB)
- Post image: 350 pixels wide
- Link preview: 1200 x 628
- Company logo in searches: 60 x 60 (maximum file size 2 MB)
- Profile image: 165 x 165 (maximum file size 10 MB)
- Board cover image: 222 x 150
- Pinned image preview: 236px wide
- Channel cover images: 2560 x 1440 (maximum file size 4 MB)
- Channel icon: 800 x 800
- Video thumbnail: 1280 x 720
- Geofilters, lenses, and ads: 1080 x 1920
We didn’t include your platform? Leave us a comment.
Contact us to explore the solutions we have for you!